Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tourist Attraction for the Indian Tourists


During our trip to Agra and Delhi, I soon realized I and many other tourists were part of the "attraction" or site seeing for the Indian tourist. These people obviously don't get out much. I think Sarah had here picture taken more by other people than by me. After about the fifth time, I finally took a picture of me posing for picture with the India Tourist at the Gandhi Memorial in Delhi. However, my favorite pose was at the Agra Fort where Caleb had fallen asleep in my arms. I was tired from carrying his dead weight for the last 30 minutes and decided I need to sit down and rest. I sat down on a raised area of marble, when a man with his camera approached me asking if he could have one quick photo of his daughter (about 10 yrs. old) sitting next to me.

In addition, as a family we were a novelty for the Chinese tourists. Johanna noticed it when we first walked into the hotel in Delhi. A family with 3 children was quite the attraction for the Chinese tourists who quickly took out their cameras. Then again at the Taj Mahal, Johanna, Sarah and the boys were quickly surrounded by a group of Chinese tourists. Once again the cameras came out.

No comments: